Linda Straub-Jones is the Director of Market Planning for Compliance Products at LexisNexis Risk Solutions. She has over 30 years of experience within the credit and collections industry. She has worked as a collector, skip tracer, paralegal, and as a specialist in both bankruptcy and compliance data.
Ms. Straub-Jones has written articles, blogs and whitepapers relating to compliance and the credit and collections industry for publications like Credit Union Journal, insideARM and Banking Exchange. She is a much sought-after speaker, having presented on compliance topics at industry webinars and conferences, including DBA International Las Vegas in 2017, NARCA, ACA-TX, insideARM Larger Market Participate Summit and CCUCC . Her expertise primarily covers FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, rulemaking implemented by the CFPB, as well as the regulations set forth by the FTC and OCC, pertaining to the credit and collections industry.
Topics of Interest
Ms. Straub Jones is responsible for researching and reviewing the compliance rules and regulations that impact the credit and collections industry.
Her expertise within this space includes:
- How data can help collections customers comply with regulations, including first party collectors dealing with compliance mandates.
- The importance of big data in creating cost-effective models for collections via litigation, and the role big data plays in the outcome and profitability of collections activities.
- The synergies between small and big data and how customers can best use them together, with big data helping to identify trends and small data providing a more targeted analysis.
- How data can help enhance compliance management systems and strengthen the audit process
- Vendor management and best practices in vendor audits
Additional Biographical Information
Prior to joining LexisNexis Risk Solutions in 2001, Ms. Straub Jones held positions at Dolan Information and Balogh Becker Law Firm. She also participated in starting up the probate data company Probate Finder LLC. She is a qualified AAS paralegal, and graduated from Inver Hills Community College. She currently sits on the ACA International’s Compliance Education Committee and ACPCA Committee, and on RMA International’s Federal Legislative Committee.