Would you like to be part of a team that delivers high-quality software to our customers?
Are you a highly visible champion with a ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm that inspires others?
About the Role:
- The Software Engineer Lead position performs moderately difficult research, design, software development assignments and maintenance of LexisNexis Risk Solutions enterprise web applications.
- This position requires an experienced engineer capable of operating with minimal supervision, ability to work on individual pieces of code and solve problems including the design and program flow utilizing effective coding techniques and rigorous unit testing. In addition, the ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment is essential, as is the ability to mentor the junior developers and get the job done from them.
About the Team:
- Generally, the team is form in Squad where each squad consist of Squad Lead, Business Analyst, Dev lead, Developers and Testers. This Squad structure provides more connectivity among team members and allows us to deliver faster as all resources work as one group on dedicated task.
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BE/BTech Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Strong experience of Development in Java with Spring Boot framework.
• Experience of development using Maven, Git, Junit and other tools required for the role.
• Should have understanding of any messaging architecture and SQL queries.
• Should have understanding of NoSQL DB like MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
We help scientists make new discoveries, doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients and lawyers win cases. We prevent online fraud and money laundering and help insurance companies evaluate and predict risk. Our events enable customers to learn about markets, source products and complete transactions. In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of which around 1/4th are technologists.
We want RELX to be a great place to work, where our employees feel valued, have equal opportunities and benefit from pay equality, regardless of their gender, gender identity, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability status. Inclusion and diversity are important to our future. We need the engagement of people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas to achieve real innovation for our customers around the world.
About LexisNexis Risk Solutions
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions includes seven brands that span multiple industries. The LexisNexis Risk Solutions go-to-market brand and our six Data Services brands provide customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics, decisioning tools and data management services that help customers solve problems, make better decisions, stay compliant, reduce risk, and improve operations. Approximately 10,000 employees throughout the world support our brands by serving customers in more than 180 countries. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. For more information, please visit www.risk.lexisnexis.com and www.relx.com.
Apply today, or to learn more about opportunities with LexisNexis Risk Solutions or RELX Global, join us here: