LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group is a global business organization that provides a range of services including solutions used to prevent and investigate identity theft and other crimes and to manage risk in businesses. We offer these services, in part, by collecting and using data about consumers from public records and other sources.
- For the benefit of consumers, our solutions:
- Help make communities safer by blocking or uncovering the activities of criminals and terrorists.
- Prevent identity theft and protect society from fraud.
- Make the ability to obtain credit a reality for disadvantaged and/or low income individuals.
- Help keep medical costs down by preventing fraud, confirming medical provider and patient information and improving patient engagement.
- Help find and locate missing children.
- Help individuals get fair prices on insurance and promote safe driving habits.
- We are committed to protecting privacy and design our networks and services to maintain the security of all information we process. This is a responsibility we take seriously. We have a comprehensive risk management program with strict privacy and security policies designed to ensure that data is not accessed or used impermissibly.
We devote enormous resources and time to protecting consumers' privacy and their personal information. The importance of protecting consumer privacy and personal information is one our fundamental beliefs. It has driven and will continue to drive enhancements in how we secure information, protect privacy and provide solutions that benefit our customers and consumers, communities, and society at large. This belief also fuels our work with non-profit, health care, law enforcement, and other organizations that use our solutions to help safeguard vulnerable populations and bring home missing children.
As a trusted provider of information solutions, together with our parent company, RELX, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group places great value on the proper handling of personal information. These nine Privacy Principles guide our approach to data protection and privacy across the organization.
- Accountability – Act as a responsible steward of personal information.
Our business will thrive if we have an effective privacy program and our customers, employees, suppliers and regulators trust us.
- Design – Embed privacy protections into the design of our products, services and business practices.
Build in privacy protections when developing our products and operational processes.
- Purpose – Collect and use personal information only for legitimate business purposes.
Personal information should be collected and used only to advance the business needs and as appropriate.
- Transparency – Give notice about privacy practices as appropriate.
Ensure that privacy statements describe how we collect, use and disclose personal information and are displayed or given when and where appropriate.
- Choice – Offer individuals choice over the use and disclosure of their personal information for marketing purposes.
Give people the opportunity to “opt out” from having their personal data used for marketing purposes such as marketing emails, telemarketing and the like.
- Access – Provide individuals, upon their request, with access to their personal information as required by law.
Comply with access requests as required by law.
- Accuracy – Maintain reasonable procedures to keep personal information accurate consistent with legal requirements.
Take reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of personal information in compliance with applicable law.
- Security – Seek to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure and loss.
No one can guarantee absolute data security but we should employ reasonable security measures to protect personal information.
- Disposal – Dispose of personal information appropriately when it is no longer needed.
Properly and securely delete, destroy or discard personal information when we no longer need to retain it for business or legal purposes.
Access our Processing Notices here