Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department Makes the Case with (and for) LexisNexis® Accurint® for Law Enforcement
Using traditional information sources and investigative methods, it could take us several days to acquire enough information to determine where a suspect might be heading or hiding out. Under the circumstances, that’s a long time. Dangerous suspects such as this need to be apprehended quickly, before they can cause additional harm.
-James Risseeuw, Lieutenant
Located on the western shores of Lake Michigan, Sheboygan County is home to over 120,000 residents and countless commuters and visitors every day. The Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department is responsible for providing law enforcement services to this constituency.
Officers needed to quickly apprehend a violent suspect who fled the scene of a crime before he caused additional harm.
- Traditional investigative methods were slow and could take days to locate the suspect.
- Information about the suspect was limited since driver’s licenses were only renewed every 10 years and the department only had direct access to incident records within its jurisdiction.
Leverage LexisNexis® Accurint® for Law Enforcement to help shorten investigation time, free up valuable staff, minimize costs associated with lengthy investigations and, in some cases, save lives.
- Identify accurate and current address information and personal data to help locate and safely apprehend the suspect.
Apprehended the suspect in less than 24 hours from when the original call was received.
- Connect relevant data to reveal key relationships and background issues that help solve cases faster and more safely.
- Identify and compile more accurate, in-depth case information consistently faster than traditional investigative tools.